There are few things better than a visit from one’s grandchildren during the holiday season. As the nights get chillier, the holiday season heats up, bringing with it a plethora of wonderful activities that you can enjoy with your grandchildren.
Not sure where to begin with your winter plans? Here are some activities—both indoors and out!—to help you plan ahead for your family’s arrival.
Outdoor Fun in the Milwaukee Area
Bundle up and enjoy the outdoor holiday magic in Milwaukee with these festivals and events.
- The Winter Frolic Festival in Mequon Nature Preserve. Every February, this festival lights up the community with a range of events to enjoy, from lumberjack competitions to dog sledding, sleigh rides, a winter marketplace and more.
- Christmas in the Ward. This annual event offers all the winter fun you (or your grandchild!) could dream up. Enjoy the tree lighting ceremony, stop by the holiday cookie sale, or have a word with Santa himself at this all-ages event.
- Holiday Folk Fair International. This international celebration is finally back live after two years of virtual fun. Enjoy traditional music and dance from around the world; try a variety of traditional dishes at the World Cafe, or browse Heritage Lane to learn more about unique traditions and customs. There’s even an International Bazaar where you can browse for last-minute holiday gifts.
Indoor Activities in the Milwaukee Area
When the weather outside is a little too frightful, there are plenty of delightful indoor activities in the Milwaukee area that make for great fun and heartwarming adventures with your grandchildren, too.
- Concordia University Concerts. The nearby university’s music department features year-round concerts that are perfect for youth and teens who have an affinity for music. Their holiday series is a true highlight, featuring traditional favorites.
- The Milwaukee Art Museum offers rotating exhibitions year-round and drop-in art making sessions throughout the year. It’s a great place to take older grandchildren who have a passion for the arts.
- Storytime and More at the Frank L. Weyenberg Library. With a fine art series to rival many communities’ and family-friendly events year-round, spending a cold, snowy afternoon at the Frank L. Weyenberg Library with your grandchildren will prove to be a surprisingly sweet memory you’ll truly treasure.
Keep Yourself Busy Year-Round at Newcastle Place
Spending time with loved ones is an important part of the holiday season, which is why we make savoring those moments easy at Newcastle Place. Our refined independent senior living experience in Mequon, Wisconsin offers you all the freedom you desire, as well as exceptional amenities and services. From delicious dining options to personalized wellness programs and a bustling social calendar, finding exciting experiences to keep you engaged year-round is easy.
Ready to envision yourself at Newcastle Place? Contact us to schedule a tour today.